Who Are We?
Dotan Cohen Law Offices (DCLO) is an international law firm devoted to the practice of Immigration and Relocation Law...Read more
DCLO is committed to providing a smooth and seamless legal immigration process through our experience...Read more
What We Do?
Nonimmigrant and immigrant visas to the United States , Work permits for the United States...Read more
(Canada) Invitations for immigrants in the Express Entry program remain high. The number of invitations issued in the most recent draw is on par with other draws conducted in 2017 and up significantly compared to draws in 2015 and 2016. A wide pool of candidates continues to be accepted for Canadian visas. Great news for people interested in immigration to Canada.
“In order to create higher wages and employment rates for workers in the United States, and to protect their economic interests, it shall be the policy of the executive branch to rigorously enforce and administer the laws governing entry into the United States of workers from abroad”. This quote is part of the US president new executive order, dated April 18, 2017. The implications on immigration issues are not clear yet. You may find the complete Executive Order here.
The Consolidated Skilled Occupation list (CSOL) was shortened to approximately 2/3 of its original size (435 occupations instead of 651). The reduction of the list results from the fact that the removed occupations are no longer in shortage. The CSOL assigns eligible occupations for the Subclass 457 Visa program and the Direct Entry stream of the permanent Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) Visa program.
E-2 visas will be available to Israeli nationals in the fourth quarter of the calendar year 2017, according to a recent estimate from the US Department of State. E-2 treaty visas allow foreign investors and entrepreneurs to develop businesses in the US.
The H-1B visa is once again making headlines. Just a month ago it made headlines when it was announced that Premium Processing would be cancelled. This past weekend, the USCIS announced that the quota for this Visa type had been filled and that they were not receiving any more applications, despite only opening at the beginning of last week. The quota for the Master’s Cap was also filled. It goes to show just how much the US depends on foreign, skilled, educated and experienced workers. There are rumors about significant changes expected for this program, so this visa will likely be in the news again soon.
One should be very careful as to ensure that a foreign national for whom an application for an expedited work permit in Israel was submitted, will remain out of Israel for the period required for processing the application, until the work permit is granted. An application for an expedited work permit for a foreign expert who has already entered the country and is staying in Israel as a tourist will be promptly rejected and all fees paid for his application will not be reimbursed.
The National Visa Center (NVC), which is responsible for processing Family Based Green Card Applications, as well as other applications, informs us that review time for cases is now up to 11 weeks. Last year the review time was up to 6 weeks.
A federal judge in Hawaii, United States has ordered a halt to President Donald Trump’s Executive Order to stop visa issuance to nationals of six Muslim-majority countries. The nationwide injunction was issued just hours before the order was set to take effect.
According to the US Department of State’s most recent Visa Bulletin for April 2017, all Diversity Visa 2017 (DV-2017) files will be current in May, 2017, with the exception of some cases in Egypt, Ethiopia, Iran, and Nepal. For the last 4 countries, the numbers being called are high, so most if not all lottery winners are likely to be called for interviews in the coming few months, depending on the Kentucky Consular Center’s processing times.
The White House issued a new executive order on Monday, March 6, 2017.
The new order is effective at 12:01 a.m., eastern daylight time on March 16, 2017
All entry into US suspended for 90 days for nationals of Iran, Libya, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, and Yemen, from effective date. Iraq is not included. Additional countries or rules may be added. The ban does not apply to people who are already lawful permanent residents of the US. The ban does not apply to dual nationals who are entering the US on a passport from non-banned country
The ban only applies to aliens who are outside the US, and do not have a visa, as of the effective date of order. Therefore, if you already have a visa that grants you entry into the US, or will have a visa before March 16th, then the ban should not apply to you. For those persons who are banned under the above rules, consular officers at the embassies and immigration officers at the ports of entry, may grant a “case-by-case waiver” (i.e., an exception) to the ban in individual cases, to grant either visas, or entry into the US. To grant a waiver the alien must show:
o Showing of undue hardship if waiver not granted
o You are not a threat to national security, and
o Granting of immigration benefit is in the “national interest”
The USCIS will temporarily suspend Premium Processing for all H-1B petitions.
The suspension will begin on April 3rd, 2017, and may last up to 6 months. This temporary suspension applies to all H-1B petitions filed on or after April 3rd, 2017. The USCIS claims that the temporary suspension will help to reduce overall H-1B processing times, and give them an opportunity to process long-pending petitions.
Although National Visa Center (NVC) notices may require originally signed affidavits of support at the interview, some embassies have indicated that original signed affidavits of support are not necessarily required, as long as original forms were submitted and accepted by the NVC, and no changes have occurred since submission.
Australia introduces new Frequent Traveller Stream – A new Frequent Traveller stream of the Subclass 600 visitor visa, allows the visitor to stay for up to 12 months in any 24-month period. It also allows multiple entries for business or tourism for up to three months at a time. The visa is valid for multiple entries during 10 years.
The US embassy in Caracas, Venezuela, has informed us that they are no longer requiring apostille on birth certificates and police certificates for DV-2017 applicants.
A new rule is being proposed by the U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) that would allow certain international entrepreneurs to be considered for parole (temporary permission to be in the US) so that they may start or scale their business in the United States.”
Canada Express Entry Immigration – News:
In the Express Entry draw on Sept. 18, the minimum qualifying score reached its lowest level to date at 450 points. This means that some applicants who do not have an approved Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) are able to obtain an invitation to apply for permanent residency and greater flexibility for employers hiring through this system.
DV-2017 Program: Online Registration
DV 2017 Program: Online registration for the DV 2017 Program begins on Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), and concludes on Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4).
“Yemen has been designated for Temporary Protected Status due to the ongoing armed conflict within the country. This will remain effective September 3rd, 2015 – March 1st, 2016. For more details, please visit http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2015-09-03/html/2015-21881.htm or http://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/temporary-protected-status“
“The NVC has jumped a few months ahead with the the applications they are reviewing. For example, they will be reviewing F2A applications from the first of March 2014 in September. Anyone nearing the second half of their Family Based Green Card Application should check where their priority date stands using the link below:
- After finding out we had been selected as a winner of the Green Card Lottery, we were contacted by Dotan Cohen Law Offices in regards to assisting us with making our application to the American Embassy, after some consideration we decided to go this route as for us it was a once in a lifetime opportunity which we could not afford to get wrong. We were contacted by Gabe Ronisky who from the beginning of our journey to the end was honest and reliable sending endless emails and calling us on weekends and out of hours to suit ourselves. Gabe took us through each stage of the process starting with assisting us to complete the forms, checking them and amending where necessary and advising us where to get all the documents we required, he then submitted them to the Kentucky Consular Centre. He explained what to expect at the medical and groomed us as to what would be expected of us at the final interview. Gabe was also of great assistance when we encountered a problem at our interview which we left feeling very despondent, he encourage us and immediately did a lot of research on our behalf (we would not have known where to start) and wrote a letter for us to the Embassy to try and rectify the situation. A couple of weeks later we received our passports back, stamped with our immigrants visas. We would highly recommend Gabe, the service he provided was exceptional and nothing was too much trouble for him, without his assistance we would probably not have been successful in obtaining our Green Cards, which we have now received. We hope to leave for North Carolina in next couple of months. Thank you Gabe! Gerald and Jane Brannan January 19, 2013 UK
- I would like to thank Dotan Cohen Law Offices for their marvel efforts, help, concern and directions, to insure the completion of my diversity visa, which I succeeded to receive with their continues back up. Eng. Majdi M. Jafarah February 9, 2013 Saudi Arabia
- We are a Tunisian couple, my husband won the green card DV 2012 We decide to take the advice of an immigration law office so we choose Dotan Cohen Law offices to help us in the process of getting the Green card. I would like to express my gratitude to the best team in Dotan Cohen Law offices who take care of our case : Michael Rosenthal , Asem Shehk and Erica Schain this nice team from Dotan Cohen Law Offices really make our dream comes true. They are very professional, very helpful especially Micheal without his help we never succeed in the interview. They make this experience simple, easy and worth it. Michael helps us in all steps , he take care of every detail in completing the forms, review them, asking us for the right information ,helping us to prepare the documents , telling us about every detail prior the interview. And Because of all his big work to prepare everything, the interview was very easy and fast , we have the right documents and forms and we know in advance about all the steps: we were well prepared to succeed and to get our green card. So thank you so much Michael for your effort you are a wonderful support for us without you we never get our passes to live the American dream. Definitely I recommend Dotan Cohen Law offices to all my friends and everyone who wins the green card so winners don't hesitate to choose Dotan Cohen Law offices Jamila & Salim February 15, 2013 Tunisia
- This is a short letter commending the excellent service and advice our family received from Dotan Cohen Law Office. After being selected for consideration in the DV visa program we decided that it would be prudent to employ the services of a law firm experienced in the field of immigration law. Dotan Cohen came highly recommended so we chose to use them. Being half way around the world in Africa and utilizing the services of attorneys you’ve never met is a leap of faith, but from the first contact it became apparent that we had made the right choice. The professional, yet warm and friendly manner we were introduced to the firm and their obvious intimate knowledge of their specialty, instilled confidence from day one. As time progressed and we were required to fill in the required forms we were led through the process with attention to every detail and explanations of all questions we might have had were made with clarity and efficiency. At no time did we feel alone in the process. I would like to single out MIchael Rosenthal whose patience and ability to anticipate our concerns and remedy them timeously and without stress made this whole process a whole lot easier and much more bearable. Our family would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank Mr Rosenthal and Dotan Cohen for delivering such a professional, efficient and necessary service and would not hesitate to recommend your services to others. Aaron G. Diamond. May 6, 2013 South Africa
- Recommended with highest regards; DC Law Offices expertise, efficiency and detailed briefing at every step helped me & my family of 5 in getting the Green Card, seemingly so easy. Speechless for the unmatched support and follow-up in completing the requisite documentation. I would definitely recommend your firm to anyone I know is applying for the Green Card through Lottery. Mazen Afana July 21, 2013 Saudi Arabia
- I have no hesitation in recommending DC law office to any person wishing to use their services in obtaining their Diversity Visa (Green Card). I was very impressed by the professionalism shown by the staff in: Document preparation; communication, both by e-mail and telephone; providing a check list for all the documents needed (with a guide to where and how to obtain them, if not in possession); pre interview preparation; and lastly the phone call making sure that all documents on the check list where in order and advising on what to expect at the Embassy. It was due to their efficiency and per-interview preparation that we felt confident and managed to obtain our Diversity Visa without any problems. Again I would like to emphasize that I have not hesitation in recommending DC law office to any person, wanting immigration related advice or need some sort of representation. Thanking you. Kamal Patel August 19, 2013 Zambia
- Dear Mr. Rosenthal ! I would warmly recommend your Dotan Cohen Law offices to anyone who wants to really guarantee getting his green card to show that you were unfaithful talented and professionals with your work and is reliable. You try very hard and do your best always exactly as you say have said at first conversation with me . Thank you so much for everything Sincerely Neriman Nader August 29, 2013 Sweden
- Après quatre années de patience je viens de décrocher le grand sésame a savoir mon visa d’immigrant aux USA pour moi et ma famille. Bien entendu je ne saurai décrire mon bonheur qui est incommensurable… Toute fois, je tiens a signaler que cet aboutissement heureux est du aussi a l’assistance de l’équipe de DC LAW OFFICES a NEW YORK (USA) qui m’ont soutenu et guide dans mes démarches tout au long de ce processus et qui ont toujours été disponibles pour répondre a mes questions et mes préoccupations avec une très grande amabilité et un grand sérieux. Je tiens a les remercier vivement et a leur exprimer ma profonde gratitude avec une mention très spéciale a Michael Rosenthal. Je les recommande vivement a tous ceux qui veulent réussir dans leurs démarches. AZEDINE GRINE September 7, 2013 Algeria
السادة مكاتب دي سي القانونية
أشكركم على الجهود التي بذلتموها في سبيل دقة وصحة تسجيل المعلومات الخاصة بي وبعائلتي على نماذج الهجرة المتعددة.
كنت بحاجة ماسة لإرشاراتكم القيمة التي كان لها مباشر في نجاح الإجراءات التي قمنا بها.
لقد كنت مرتاحا ًلتعامكم الإيجابي وردودكم الوافية على جميع الاستفسارات التي نوجهها لكم.
ولاقتناعي بما بذلتموه من جهود نصحت زملائي الذي سيمرون بنفس التجربة بالتواصل معكم.
د.عبدالباري مشعلDr.Abdulbari Mashal September 3, 2013 Kuwait
- “Thanks for all services which I get it from dotan Cohen, law offices. Without these services I could not do anything by myself. They help me to complete my documents without any mistake, at anytime I ask them, they answer me to be on a right way. So without them I can’t get any visa to travel to U.S.A. thanks again for all staff who worked in Dotan Cohen, law offices.”
- Dear Seth, interveiw went very well, you and your Company where really very helpfull , i would strongly recomend you and your Company to anyone , even the queen of england lol. We our awaiting our Passports to be collected so they can be stamped, and then it Will be all systems go. Many thanks for your help, best wishes Hayat Nas , Teresa Nas, James Nas.
- Recommendation to Dotan Cohen, Law Offices âMy name is Oriol Sanchez, Iâm from Barcelona and this 2010 I have obtained the Green Card thanks to the great services given by the Dotan Cohen Team. Specially, I want to be grateful for the human, nearby and very decisive treatment that I have received on the part of the Dotan Cohen Team every moment and every contact with meâ. Thanks for all
- "I decided to use the services of Dotan Cohen and they led me step by step on the process of gathering all the information and filling all the forms needed for getting the green card. They proved very efficient and they made things look easy. In matters of law, one can't just trust in common sense. Having their support on my side really worked."
- "I am so grateful to Dotan Cohen for your professionalism with what you helped me, my husband and our 5 children getting our green card. I really can't find words to explain my gratitude. Thank you for everything you did for me and my family. I shall never ever forget the troubles you got in organizing our process. I promise to introduce your law firm to all my friends who are applying for the green card in case they win."
Learn From The Experts
Why not learn from the experts that have years of experience in the Visa and Green card department?Read Articles
This article will discuss the documentary evidence that a foreign national can…11Jul
relocation-law.com is owned and operated by DC Law Offices, USA and DC Law Offices Israel